Chicago Title Class List
At Chicago Title we offer courses to help you grow your business. We strive to stay up to date on all the latest technology and communicate it in ways you can understand.
TREC Legal – 4 Legal CE Credits
TREC Legal II – 4 Legal CE Credits
TREC Broker Responsibility CE - 6 CE Credits
Social Media in Real Estate – 2 Non-Legal CE Credits
Using Facebook for your business is as essential these days as having a website. Learn how to set up your Business Page and start utilizing it to full capacity to grow and promote your business and database. A lot has changed with Facebook since its inception. We’ll cover how to transition from your profile to business use, Facebook features and tools and how to incorporate Facebook into your existing marketing and advertising plan.
Using Instagram to Improve Your Real Estate Business – 2 Non-Legal CE Credits
With the Instagram snap a photo, apply creative filter effects, and then share it with millions of Instagram users—and on Facebook and Twitter, too. This course details the ins and outs of the Instagram app and sharing service. The course contains tips on shooting photos using the Instagram app and also describes how to edit and enhance photos taken with Instagram or imported from another app. Agents will learn the process of posting photos to Instagram and adding descriptive tags, captions, and location information. The final section offers insights on building a community of followers and on enhancing your Instagram experience with additional apps and services.
Introduction to DocuSign – 2 Non-Legal CE Credits
This course is designed to provide Realtors with knowledge of how to use Zipform® and Docusign® their real estate business. This course will provide Realtors with a basic knowledge and understanding of how create contracts in Zipform® and send them to Docusign® for electronic signatures. Additionally this course will provide Realtors with a hands on workshop to learn all the facets of both Zipform® and Docusign® on your PC.
Advanced Docusign – 2 Non-Legal CE Credits
Advanced Docusign is designed to assist Real Estate Agents in using the advanced features of an electronic signature process with real estate forms to automate the document signing process and finalizing contracts. The scope of the course covers creating an envelope directly from an email, importing documents will incorporating a collaborative process with other agents and their clients, interfacing with Zip Forms using Document Recognition tools and having clients sign and markup forms.
Building Your Business Through Technology – 2 Non-Legal CE Credits
Tech Tips for Real Estate Agents is designed to assist Real Estate Agents in using Technology for more than just searching the Internet. It’s computers, smart phones, prospect/contact management software, intranets, global positioning systems, online mapping and more. Realtors will learn how to, use and apply them to grow and improve their business.
Advanced Matrix – 2 Non Legal CE Credits
Advanced Matrix is designed to assist Real Estate Agents with experience in Matrix in searching and notifying clients of properties listed in the Austin Board of Realtor’s newest MLS system, Matrix. The scope of the 2 hour instructor lead course covers adding and editing a listing, using the Document Manager for Listings, Concierge Notifications on Client Portals, and creating Custom Displays and CMA’s. With the dynamics of real estate changing, agents must be able to keep up with the accelerated pace of technology in order to achieve success. Searching for properties in the ABOR’s Matrix MLS system is a critical component needed to productively manage the information available on listed properties in today’s marketplace. Advanced Matrix enhances an agents knowledge of the ABOR’s MLS system while learning to work smarter and more efficiently as they embrace this new web-based technology.
Reading and Using Surveys – 1 Non-Legal ME Credit
- Types of surveys and elements of an acceptable survey
- How to read the physical survey document;
- How title companies determine insurability;
- Significance and use of the T-47 Affidavit;
- Various endorsements used by title insurance companies; and
- Tips for dealing with survey issues while negotiating contracts.
Title – All Your Questions Answered - 1 Non-Legal CE Credit
- Key provisions of the contract;
- The escrow process;
- The title search and resulting commitment;
- Curative work and other functions handled by the title company prior to closing;
- The mortgage financing aspects of the transaction; and
- The role of the escrow officer in facilitating a smooth and successful closing.
How to Mess Up Your Deal Without Really Trying – 2 Non Legal CE Credits
- Due diligence issues—not ascertaining status of title in cases of death or divorce, not asking about status of the seller’s mortgage, or not staying abreast of buyer’s financing in light of new GFE/HUD rules.
- Contract problems—effect of failure to explain termination option to a seller who insists on selling “as is;” not using title objections properly, dealing with buyer’s failure to close.
- Negotiating yourself out of the deal entirely, dealing with appraisal issues, and much more.
- This course also allows for discussion of any new or novel issues that may arise in the market as a result of current conditions, e.g., multiple offers, use of the backup contract, etc.)
What is Exchangeable? Types of Exchange: Emphasis on Delayed Exchanges (most common) // Rules of Exchange – Setting Client’s Expectations // Personal Property Exchanges – Rules Behind // Exchanging Collectibles // 1031 Client Solutions from a RE Broker / Agent perspective – Tax Deferral and Swap Til You Drop
What Realtors Need to Know About Asset Protection
- Cash Value & Death Benefit Life Insurance
- Retirement Accounts – Including Inherited IRA’s
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Corporate Stock
- Cash, CDs, Bonds, Mutual Funds, ETFs, etc.
What Realtors Need to Know about Wills and Trusts
- Powers of Attorney vs Living Trusts
- Not Having Texas Planning Documents
- Relying Solely on a Will for Estate Planning
- Not Protecting Your Assets from Lawsuits
- Not Planning for Estate Taxes
- Not Planning for Special Needs
How Not to Get a NO on a Condo Loan
- Listing Agents – Learn how to identify which financing options a condo will qualify for when you enter in MLS
- Is it warrantable or not? If not WHY?
- Full Review vs Limited Review and the minimum down payment requirements
- New project vs Existing
- Jumbo Loan options for High Rise projects
- How to help a HOA get FHA, VA and conventional project approvals